Sunday, May 9, 2010

Father Time Steal Our Days Like A Thief


It takes a long time to kill a man
Fifty-five years at least
Until he breaks down
Starts to look underground
To go off, and get him some peace
I want to die a lot quicker then that

If that's my only way out
I've been counting up the cost
Getting up on that cross
I want to know what this is all about

Father Time steals our days like a thief
There's no price that I wouldn't pay to get some relief
I've become the empty shell of a man I don't like so well
I am a living, breathing hell
Come on and resurrect me

I tried to drown the pain with a friend of mine
It didn't seem to help
She's got a pretty face with her wedding lace
But I'm still waking up with myself

I know what it means to choke it down
Down until your legs get weak
I know what it's like on a Saturday night
To be alone in a crowded street

Come on and resurrect me

-JF

No comments:

Post a Comment