Sunday, July 19, 2009

ragamuffin Life

So what is this life about anyways? To see how many blessings the Lord will give to us? To spend 95% of the day taking care of things that 'must be done' and 5% focusing on the One who gave His life for our sake?

Recently, I spoke to someone who does not know Christ. We talked about Christianity. To my amazement he knew the story. He said that he knew a lot about the Bible. He knew who Jesus Christ was and what He came here to do for us. He said he simply didn't believe in Him. I said, "Why"?! He replied, "Because of the Christians, if this was really God, they would be living what they say". Wow right? Convicting? This is literally the force which drives people away from Christianity more than anything: The "Christians". The people who want to live their comfortable life style ignoring the verses in THE Book which might make us feel as if we have to actually do something which involves our entire life rather than a few pat-on-the-back moments of our week which convince us is being "truly Christlike".

After all, God doesn't actually mean what He says when He is speaking to the church in Revelation 3:15-17 saying, "I know your works, that you are neither hot nor cold; I would rather you either be hot or cold. So then because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spit you out of my mouth. Because you say, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and know not that your are wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked."

I pray that beyond every self-righteous, judgemental Christian that walks around as if they are better than the drug addict on the street, that the lost will be able to once again, in the land that I live, seek Christ BECAUSE of the Christians rather than turn away from Him due to our lack of faith.

2 comments:

  1. Aloha Messenger..
    Thank you for your visit today, There so much meat in this post amd much to ponder. Sometimes we are the walking bibles people will ever read, and we really need to represent the Lord by walking in his love and ouir actions will surely be looked upon by those who don't know him as their Lord and savior. I like what you said in your profile..

    Spend some time with people in need before you say, "I need..." This really touched my heart!!

    Blessings Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Didn't know you blogged! Very good!

    I'm definitely echoing the sentiments in your prayer. Let us not be comfortable.

    ReplyDelete